On 24th January 2023, Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys and Minister of State Joe O’Brien, announced details of a €50 million Community Recognition Fund. South Dublin County Council have been allocated €2,754,305. This major initiative, the first of its kind, is designed to specifically support communities across the country that have welcomed and are hosting families and citizens from Ukraine and other countries.
The scheme details set out that only areas which have high levels of new arrivals will be deemed eligible for this scheme. The key electoral areas identified as having the highest number of new arrivals are Saggart, Clondalkin-Monastery, Clondalkin -Village, Tallaght-Springfield, Tallaght- Fettercairn and Palmerstown West.
South Dublin County Council is seeking expressions of interest for project proposals from community groups in the areas listed above. The possible types of projects that can be funded under the scheme include:
· Development, enhancement or refurbishment of community or cultural facilities including play areas, walkways, parks, community/sensory gardens including communication boards, allotments, and recreational areas;
· Development, enhancement or refurbishment of local club and sports facilities including facilities such as community swimming pools, changing rooms, toilets, digital aids such as score / information boards etc.;
· Enhancement to school/parish facilities which are open to use by all of the community after school hours;
· Purchase of equipment for local clubs, festivals, community events and organisations e.g. music, arts or sports equipment;
· Transport infrastructure such as the purchase of community vehicles, bus shelters and attendant information boards.
Click on the link communityrecognitionfund to access the Expression of Interest for Funding from Community Groups, Organisations, Parishes & Schools
Proposed project details within the identified areas should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 27th February 2023.