Phase 3 - Easing of Covid-19 Restrictions
Library Opening from June 29th, 2020 with limited services.
South Dublin Libraries are delighted to announce that we have begun a Quick Browse Service as of Monday June 29th.
Library patrons can enter the library to browse, return, and self-issue books and other library material.
A self service print copy and scan facility is available and there will be limited access to PCs.
Wifi is available inside and outside the branch
For the well-being of users and staff, please note the following:
- Visitor numbers will be limited. A safe queuing system will operate outside the building
- Browsing time will be limited to 15 minutes.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please ensure you have your library card with you.
- Study spaces remain closed.
- Limited IT and printing services will be available. Computers must be booked in advance by phoning or emailing your local South Dublin Library - details on our Find Your Library page link(below). Or enter your own branch details
- Sanitisation stations must be used and will be available at the entrance and throughout the library.
- Social distancing and respiratory etiquette must always be observed.
- Newspapers and magazines will be unavailable, however online services can be found on our website.
- If you or anyone at home has symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit the library, or return books.
The deputy chief nursing officer advises the following in regard to library items:
... library books do not need to be quarantined so long as Libraries have notified all library users about the need not to borrow from the library if they are sick, that if they have borrowed and then developed symptoms that they should quarantine the books for 72 hours after they themselves have completed a 14 day isolation period and are fever free by 5 days. That anyone who is borrowing a library book should wash their hands regularly etc.
Don’t forget all the other free library services we continue to offer from the comfort of your home or on the go:
eResources - Access our full range of online collections for eMagazines, eBooks, eComics, Eaudiobooks, online books for children, online newspapers. To up-skill, learn a new language or to do research, check our resources section
Social media - Over the past few months South Dublin Libraries have been running online events, uploading online Storytime for children and increasing engagement with following through our social media platforms and websites with podcasts , blogs, and videos promoting the range of eservices we have. Keep an eye on our social mediaFacebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and online events.
Contact details for our libraries are in the table below.
There are 7 branch libraries, as well as 4 mobile libraries providing a wide range of stops across South Dublin County.
For Children's and Schools Library Services, please visit this page.
For our Home Delivery Service, please visit this page.
Our branch libraries are open a total of 54.5 hours per week. Click a library link to get opening hours, contacts, maps, directions and events at an individual library.
|County Library, Tallaght|
|Ballyroan Library, Rathfarnham|
|Castletymon Library, Tallaght|
|Palmerstown Library Digital Hub|
Each branch library hosts:
- a wide range of items to borrow, for both adult and junior patrons, free of charge
- an ongoing programme of talks, workshops and events
- Public Access PCs, as well as printing and scanning services
- Study Spaces
- Magazines, Leaflets and Community Information
To see the specifics of what each library branch holds and offers, please visit that library's page.