Libraries will re-open from May 10th 2021 for a quick browse service.
South Dublin Libraries are delighted to announce that we will begin a Quick Browse Service from 9.45am on Monday May 10th. Our libraries will operate on normal opening hours. Library users can enter the library to browse, return, and self-issue books and other library material. Library users may also choose to drop off library items in a return bin if they do not wish to enter the library.
For the wellbeing of users and staff, please note the following:
- Visitor numbers will be limited. A safe queueing system will operate.
- Face coverings must be worn.
- Browsing time will be limited to 15 minutes.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please ensure you have your library card with you.
- Study spaces remain closed.
- Printing services will be available and patrons can send printing via thePrint Copy And GOapp .
- Computers will not be available at this time.
- Sanitation stations must be used and will be available at the entrance, at self-service kiosks and the printing station.
- Social distancing and respiratory etiquette must always be observed.
- Newspapers and magazines will not be available, however online services can be found on our website.
- If you or anyone at home has symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit the library, or return books.
For online collections - eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers - click here
For online learning - transparent languages and Universal Class - click here
For children with special needs, our Mobile library service now offers a home delivery service.
Social media - Over the past few months South Dublin Libraries have been running online events, uploading online Storytime for children and increasing engagement with following through our social media platforms and websites with podcasts , blogs, and videos promoting the range of eservices we have. Keep an eye on our social media Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and online events.
Contact details for our libraries are in the table below.
There are 7 branch libraries, as well as 4 mobile libraries providing a wide range of stops across South Dublin County.
For Children's and Schools Library Services, please visit this page.
For our Home Delivery Service, please visit this page.
Our branch libraries are open a total of 54.5 hours per week. Click a library link to get opening hours, contacts, maps, directions and events at an individual library.
|County Library, Tallaght|
|Ballyroan Library, Rathfarnham|
|Castletymon Library, Tallaght|
|North Clondalkin Library|
Monday to Thursday 9.45am to 8pm
|Palmerstown Library Digital Hub|
Each branch library hosts:
- a wide range of items to borrow, for both adult and junior patrons, free of charge
- an ongoing programme of talks, workshops and events
- Public Access PCs, as well as printing and scanning services
- Study Spaces
- Magazines, Leaflets and Community Information
To see the specifics of what each library branch holds and offers, please visit that library's page.