Arts Grants for Amateur, Voluntary and Community Arts Groups
Arts grants are available to groups and organisations for event subsidy, professional support, materials and training. Awards of up to €650. South Dublin County Council allocates grants under Section 6 of the Arts Act 2003. These grants may be given to persons or bodies organising an event that in the opinion of the Council would:
- Stimulate public interest in the arts
- Promote the knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts
- Assist in improving the standards of the arts across the County.
For full terms and conditions and application form click here.
For information on additional grants and to upload applications to the online portal please click on the link below:
Applications are now being accepted for the Exploring and Thinking award 2023
Exploring and thinking is a collaborative framework for early childhood arts in the Dublin region. It came about in 2016 when the four local authorities South Dublin County, Fingal County, Dublin City and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County partnered for the first time to collectively consider early childhood arts provision in the Dublin region.
Please download the guidelines here
- To support artistic ambition in cross-artform collaborations, professional development and the research and development of new work in early childhood arts
- To reach new early childhood arts audiences in under-served communities and neighbourhoods
- To stimulate dialogue between Dublin Local Authorities, artists, early childhood educators and organisations
- To build on current research investigating practice across artforms, professional disciplines and context
- To generate advocacy in early childhood arts
- Access with an emphasis on under-served communities and neighbourhoods
- Quality of practice that is evidence and standards based
- Positive impact on artistic practice and the wider early childhood sector
- Focus on Artist that is responsive to emerging and established practitioners
- Sustainability with actions that are achievable, realistic and measurable
Call out: 7th November 2022
Closing date for receipt of applications: 2pm - 12th of December
Assessment period: Week of the 9th of January 2023
Success applicants notified: Week of the 30th of January 2023
Click on the file below to access the exploring and thinking guidelines.