The Social Credits Scheme (SCS) rewards community groups and individuals who take ownership of their environment and improve their local area by carrying out pro-environmental actions such as community clean-ups, maintenance of community gardens, graffiti removal and weeding of footpaths. We supply materials for clean-ups, collection of green waste after clean-ups, a Paint Enhancement Project Scheme, and a Minor community landscaping scheme.
These schemes are open to all community groups in South Dublin County's administrative area including:
- Environmental groups
- Primary and post primary schools
- Resident's associations
- Volunteer groups
- Youth groups
The benefits of community participation in the Social Credit's Scheme include:
- Practical assistance to community groups / Resident's Associations
- Materials to support / assist applicants with their pro-environmental project
- Advice from Council staff and information on existing Council services and facilities
- Increased local pride and community ownership of local areas
- Empowerment of groups to create cleaner, greener and safer communities
Groups interested in the Social Credit's Scheme apply in advance of any works being undertaken listing the work they intend to do and the materials they would like / expect to receive, within the confines of South Dublin County Council's services and facilities.
For more information please email email@example.com or go to the forms page to download the application form and return it by email or post to Environmental Awareness Section, SDCC, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24.