Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a new Government backed mortgage for first time buyers. It is available nationwide from all local authorities from 1st February 2018. As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new or second-hand property, or to build your own home. Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased or self-built in the South Dublin County Council Administrative area is €320,000.
Further information and eligibility criteria is available on the Rebuilding Ireland Website at www.rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie. The Help desk number for Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is 051 349 720. Applicants to South Dublin County Council should note that the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is provided subject to separate specific terms and conditions of business available from South Dublin County Council.(Please note the South Dublin County Council Checklist is to be strictly adhered to)
(See related documents below for application form, South Dublin County Council RIHL - checklist to and frequently asked questions)
The property you wish to purchase must be located in the South Dublin County Council administrative area.
You should submit your application in person to South Dublin County Council’s Customer Care Counter, as posted applications are frequently not completed correctly and have to be returned.
Appointments are not necessary.
Processing completed applications will take approximately 6-8 weeks.
MORTGAGE PROTECTION INSURANCE
It is a mandatory requirement of South Dublin County Council that all applicants qualify for and have the approved Local Authority Mortgage Repayment Protection Plan (MRPP) Group Insurance Scheme in place before a loan can be issued. The current insurer is Generali PanEurope.
Entry Criteria for the MRPP Group Scheme
At the point of joining the MRPP Scheme the borrower(s) must meet with the following;
- Has attained the age of 18 years but not 55 years (60 if already covered under the policy and subsequently insuring rental equity/shared ownership element)
- Was at work, and
- Has not been prescribed, taken or been advised to take and medication or treatment for pre-existing medical conditions in the last 12 months for a period of more than 3weeks (colds, influenza, backache, and oral contraceptive pill may be ignored) and
- Was not under the care of a consultant or specialist, or due to attend a hospital follow up or awaiting any medical referral, medical investigation, medical test results, surgical procedure or consultant, specialist or hospital appointment and
- Not been declined for Life, Disability or Private Medical Insurance and
- Continues to reside in the property covered by the agreement.
(See related documents below for MRPP Master Policy Document)
If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home. The cost of your monthly repayments may increase.
If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed-rate loan early.
Mortgage Allowance Scheme
The Mortgage Allowance Scheme assists tenants and tenant purchasers of local authority dwellings who wish to return their dwelling to the authority and purchase or build a private dwelling for their own occupation. The amount of the allowance is €11,450 payable to the lending agency over 5 years.
Applications should be made to the Local Authority for the area in which the private dwelling is being purchased or built.
(See related documents below for Mortgage Allowance Scheme application form)