National Public Library Strategy
Our Libraries 2022.pdf (size 6.2 MB)
This strategy plans for the development of the local authority library services nationwide.
South Dublin Libraries Library Development Plan
The South Dubin Library Development Plan outlines the road-map for the strategic development of South Dublin Libraries for the period 2018-2022.
Leagan Gaeilge le fáil anseo
South Dublin Libraries Computer Usage Policy
South Dublin Libraries Collection Development Policy
The Collection Development Policy sets out guidelines, procedures and objectives for the acquisition, management, promotion and disposal of library stock in South Dublin Libraries.
Collection Development Policy 2016.pdf (size 386.1 KB)
South Dublin Libraries Local Studies Collection Policy
South Dublin Libraries Stock Management Policy
South Dublin Libraries Stock Management Policy (pdf, 47kb)
Social Media Moderation Statement
South Dublin County Council and South Dublin Libraries use a range of social media outlets to communicate with customers. These pages are not monitored on a 24/7 basis and should not be used to report an emergency. Contact details for all emergencies can be found at South Dublin County Council and South Dublin Libraries.
The social media pages serve as other communication channels for South Dublin County Council and South Dublin Libraries to communicate with members of the public, in addition to engaging with the community directly and using traditional media and our websites.
We welcome comments, but as these are the official pages of an organisation serving the public, we do need to moderate them. We will therefore delete the following:
- Obscene, abusive, discriminatory or accusatory comments about any individuals or organisations.
- Any political commentary or debate.
- Comment or discussion on any matter that is before the courts.
- Any misinformation which contradicts public safety or security advice or information.
We will also delete:
- Comments which contain obscene language.
- Comments which aim to incite illegal activity.
- Comments which do not comply with the terms of usage of this site.
- South Dublin County Council and South Dublin Libraries are not responsible for content posted by members of the public.