Make South Dublin County a litter free place. Report litter or pollution incidents to us and we can then investigate and fine those responsible at firstname.lastname@example.org 01-4149000 or 24 hour lo-call telephone number 1800 365 123
- Investigation and prosecution of illegal dumping
- The removal of abandoned and End-of-Life Vehicle (ELV).
- The issue of on-the-spot fines for litter offences
- The prosecution of serious offences through the courts
- Investigation and prosecution of illegal casual traders
Presently, the on-the-spot fine for littering under the Litter Pollution Act 1997, (as amended) is €150.00. If the matter is brought to the District Court and the offender is found guilty, the maximum fine can be up to €3,000.00. For more information on Litter and the Law please click here
See our Tackle Litter video
Anti-Litter and Anti-Graffiti Awareness Initiatives
South Dublin County Council is now accepting applications for funding of projects which qualify as Anti-Litter and Anti-Graffiti Awareness Initiatives. Applications should seek to promote public awareness and education in relation to litter and / or graffiti.
Application Form - Anti Litter and Anti Graffiti Awareness Initiatives Grant 2021