Visiting our libraries
Our libraries are operating their normal opening hours. Library users can enter the library to study, browse, return, and self-issue books and other library material. Library users may also choose to drop off library items in a return bin if they do not wish to enter the library.
For the wellbeing of users and staff, please note the following:
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please ensure you have your library card with you.
- Printing services will be available and patrons can send printing via thePrint Copy And GO app .
- Sanitation stations are available at the entrance, at self-service kiosks and the printing station.
- If you or anyone at home has symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit the library, or return books.
For online collections - eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers - click here
For online learning - transparent languages and Universal Class - click here
Social media - Over the past few months South Dublin Libraries have been running online events, uploading online Storytime for children and increasing engagement with following through our social media platforms and websites with podcasts , blogs, and videos promoting the range of eservices we have. Keep an eye on our social media Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and online events.
Contact details for our libraries are in the table below.
There are 7 branch libraries, as well as 4 mobile libraries providing a wide range of stops across South Dublin County.
For Children's and Schools Library Services, please visit this page.
For our Home Delivery Service, please visit this page.
Our branch libraries are open a total of 54.5 hours per week. Click a library link to get opening hours, contacts, maps, directions and events at an individual library.
|County Library, Tallaght|
|Ballyroan Library, Rathfarnham|
|Castletymon Library, Tallaght|
|North Clondalkin Library|
|Palmerstown Library Digital Hub|
Each branch library hosts:
- a wide range of items to borrow, for both adult and junior patrons, free of charge
- an ongoing programme of talks, workshops and events
- Public Access PCs, as well as printing and scanning services
- Study Spaces
- Magazines, Leaflets and Community Information
To see the specifics of what each library branch holds and offers, please visit that library's page.