Same Day Validation of Planning Applications
The Planning Department is providing a service for persons, or their agents, to have their planning applications submitted and validated on the same day at the public counter.
- Much faster validation process
- Applicant/Agent can deal immediately with minor queries the validation team may have on the application
- Applicant/Agent knows immediately that application is validated
The service is provided at the Planning Department public counter, by appointment, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Wednesdays only.
In order to make an appointment, please phone the Planning Department at 01-4149000, or email email@example.com.
To assist you and the Council with this process, and to avoid delays for other customers, the following should be noted:-
Only planning applications for domestic extensions and for residential developments of up to 1 house, will be accepted and validated at the counter. All documentation must be provided by the applicant/agent.
The council advises that the applicant/agent should be present to answer any queries that the validation team may have. The application should not be presented by a courier or someone unfamiliar with the proposal and drawings.
- Documentation must be presented and arranged in six separate sets [where a Natura Impact Statement (NIS) is required ten copies and one electronic copy of the NIS must also be submitted].
- Please note that Planners or Planning staff will not be providing general planning advice as part of this service.
- This validation service is being provided on a “without prejudice” basis in accordance with the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended). It should be noted that an application may be declared invalid at a later date, for example at Site Notice inspection or if the fee is established to be incorrect.
Your co-operation in providing the proper documentation will greatly assist in avoiding delays for other customers who may be waiting to have their application validated.
It should be noted that:
- Same Day Validation will not affect the statutory period for making decisions on planning applications.
- It will not be possible to allocate a Registered Reference number or standard acknowledgement of receipt of application at the public counter.