Learn all about digital fabrication and steam, from laser cutting to coding, in this workshop for adults.
About this Event
As the world around us changes rapidly with the advent of new technology it is important to understand the impact of STEAM and how it relates to future careers. In this session we will introduce the concepts of digital fabrication including prototyping and product design. We also look at coding and software development and how they all fit together.
The workshop will include the following:
- Product prototyping with 3D printing technology. Demonstration of 3D design software. Discussion of how this is used in industry and the potential jobs in the future.
- Digitising real world objects, demonstration of 3D scanning.
- The 3D printing process - demonstration of our 3D printer.
- Other tools for digital fabrication - video of our lasing cutting engraving machine.
- Demonstration and discussion of the design world around us.
Your email will be passed on to the facilitator in order to register you for the session. A link and password will be sent to you so that you can join the online class.
Book your ticket here