Creative Ireland South Dublin
Applications are now being accepted for the Early Years Irish Language Arts Commission 2023
A collaboration between Creative Ireland South Dublin, South Dublin Arts Office, Áras Chrónáin, and Naíonra Chrónáin
The Creative Ireland South Dublin programme wishes to commission an Early Years Irish Language artwork. This commission will be delivered in collaboration with children from Naíonra Chrónáin located on the grounds of Áras Chrónáin in Clondalkin.
The expectations of the commission are:
- Early Years children (0-6years) will be engaged with the creation process of the work and their voice will lead the way
- Close collaboration with the teachers at Naíonra Chrónáin to create artwork that could be a model for other Early Years facilities, while remaining feasible for the space of the Naíonra.
- The duration of the commission will be discussed with the awarded creative (s) but likely duration is one year.
- Develop process to work with young children in project creation
- Create a model for other educators and practitioners to work in Early Years Arts and Irish Language
- Create a participant-led piece of work
The commission is for €30,000 inclusive of VAT
- Application open Monday 21st November
- Artist’s information event in Áras Chrónáin 14th December. Present will be Director of Áras Chrónáin Brian O’ Gaibhin and South Dublin Council Assistant Arts Officer Meabh Butler.
- Last queries 10th January 2023 to Meabh Butler – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications closing date 5pm 20th January 2023
- Assessment will take place week of the 23rd January 2023
- Award Notification first week of February
Electronic submissions via https://sdcc.submit.comonly
Advancing Creative Communities in South Dublin County
September 2018 saw the launch of South Dublin County’s five year Cultural and Creativity under the Creative Ireland programme. It highlights the potential for: Creative Communities; Sustaining Creativity; Re-imagining Place; Cultural Hubs, Creative Citizens and creative networks and Partnerships.