The Council intends to upgrade walking and cycling facilities on the N81 between Knockmore Gardens to Citywest Road (N82).
Description of scheme:
- Provision of 2km of new segregated cycle route on the N81 (Blessington Road near Knockmore Gardens) to the junction of N82 (Citywest Road)/N81.
- Construction of 1.2km of new off-road 2-way cycle tracks;
- Construction of 0.5km of new shared cycle/footpath through Kiltalown Park;
- Pedestrian and cyclist safety improvement works at a number of junctions on the route;
- Improvements to eight existing bus stops along the route including real-time information on the inbound route;
- Replacement of affected trees and other landscaping works throughout the scheme;
- Footpath improvement works throughout the scheme;
- Provision of new road drainage and associated works where required;
- Provision of new public lighting, road markings and cycle route signage.
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at:
South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday).
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will also be available for inspection only at:
County Library, Tallaght (between the hours of 9.45am – 8pm Monday to Thursday and 9.45am – 4.30pm on Friday and Saturday).
From 5th December 2013 to 27th January 2014.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to:
The Senior Executive Officer,
Roads and Water Services,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Town Centre,
Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
To arrive no later than 4.00pm on 10th February 2014.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.